This weekend I've been hit with the spring cleaning bug. Though this may have something to do with the fact that I spent yesterday packing up a very, very full townhouse belonging to Matt's grandma, I have been feeling the need to simplify and declutter all winter, and since it is spring, this seems like a good time to get serious about it. I'm adopting the mantra, "use it or lose it" about my stuff. Though I know I won't just go get rid of everything I don't use very often, it's nice to get rid of a little bit at a time, and organize our apartment in small steps.
I did some cleaning this morning but since I know I won't be spending the rest of the afternoon scrubbing and shredding I made a list of projects I'd like to tackle this spring and I'm going to do one a week in hopes that I'll have a clean organized apartment just in time for summer fun.
Here are my seven projects for seven (not necessarily consecutive) weeks of spring cleaning.
- Clean and organize cupboard under bathroom sink
- Clean fridge
- Organize drawers under desk (find a better storage solution for camera equipment)
- Wash bathroom walls and molding
- Sort and shred old receipts, bills etc
- Paint crates (not really a cleaning project but it needs to get done anyways)
- Get rid of clutter and junk (especially the already sorted pile to be sold/donated that is currently taking up space on the dining room floor)