Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Studying

Lately time has been passing very quickly and I'm feeling rather old. It makes me really think about how I'm spending the majority of my time. Usually it's working and since I'm not sure that my career and my career path are what I want right now, I've been trying to learn more about other things that I'm interested in and I've been focusing on adding more creativity into my daily life. Over the winter, I was taking courses in web design, but with a break from classes over the summer and many hot, sunny days to distract me, I've been feeling less motivated. Thankfully, as I was deliberating taking my first e-course, Arrow and Apple's The Study of Light, they offered an excellent discount and I quickly made up my mind. Though it's a go at your own pace kind of course I'm hoping it will keep me motivate for the rest of the summer and encourage me to learn more about photography. I haven't really had a chance to get started yet but fall is quickly approaching and I'll be starting new classes in September so I'm hoping to go at a bit of a faster pace - otherwise I might not finish until Christmas!

I still have to pick up most of the supplies for the course but I did grab a couple of things the other day from the dollar store. I learned a very important lesson: dollar store safety pins are not, I repeat not, good quality. They bend when you try to push them through slightly thicker fabric, but they will do for now. I'm going to pick up the other supplies over the next few days so that I can do some learning over the weekend, but in the meantime, I have been trying to take more pictures, pay more attention while I'm taking them, and relearn how to use my manual settings! I've also started a photography board on pinterest to gather inspiration and I'm keeping busy on instagram.

Here are a few of the pictures I've taken lately.

1. Relaxing in the park
2, 3 & 4. Vancouver alleyways
5. Kayakers by Rocky Point
6. Goodnight moon

Photos were taken with either my Canon Rebel T3i or Panasonic Lumix GF1 and are edited with Photoshop and RadLab.

See the World by Gomez on Grooveshark

No comments:

Post a Comment